Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas from the heart

So, I'm looking out on Christmas Eve ...and all I see is sand.
I miss my family so very much but I'm fighting for freedom in a foreign land.
At home, I bet there's enough snow that I could go sledding with my son.
Or build that carrot-nosed man with my daughter. Yeah, that would be fun.
But I have to be all the way over here ...and there's still work to be done.

So I'll say a prayer for my God to hear, straight from my lips to the Lord's ear.
We're doing what we can, seeing this through to finish what we start.
Please give my family a Merry Christmas ...and send it from my heart.

The children here don't get presents and it's not that Santa missed.
And yes, it's sad these times are bad but no kids are on the naughty list.
I know my kids have been good for their mother and I'm sorry that we're apart.
So send them a Merry Christmas for me ...and make it from the heart.

When the call comes in, I almost cry.
"Merry Christmas! We love you." ...brings a tear to my eye.
Thousands of miles away and yet everyone rejoices.
We long to hear the sound of our loved ones' voices.
They'll miss me this season but they understand.
We want peace on earth and good will toward man.
To make the world a better place, we all must do our part.

Merry Christmas, soldiers. Come home soon. We love you ...from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment